The card began life as a plain white cardstock. After running the die through my die cut machine I carefully made sure all the waste bits stayed in place in the die. Lifting off the actual image I then placed press and seal over the remaining parts. When I carefully lifted this all the white waste was attached to it.
Some of the pieces lifted while doing this but as long as I didn’t lose any I’m not concerned.
Moving onto the actual die cut I masked off the flowers.
To give my card a frame I inked the remaining edge with Flamingo Ink.
The masking paper keeps the underneath ink free so on removing my flowers are still bright white.
Turning this over I applied foam tape to the edge and smaller pieces to the backs of the flowers. I then adhered this to a 8.5x4in card base.
The card base isn’t a standard size but it gives the die cut a look of matting. Next I inlaid all the ‘waste’ pieces back into the die countersinking them. This works because the foam tape raises the die cut. I did use Makers Magic Crystal Clear for this, the fine tip is great for getting into the tiny spaces.
The Rainbow Picker & Poker makes lifting the tiny pieces and placing them easier than using my fat fingers!
The inlaying took quite a while but the effect is worth it.
My card needs a sentiment. I love the A Sentiment For Every Occasion stamp set for cards like this. Making my sentiment coordinate with the colors on the card was easy. I swiped Flamingo Ink across a piece of 1in card strip.
I adhered this to my card with foam tape. Subtle embellishments are a great finish to a card. Using Maker’s Magic White Pearl instead of gems give a touch without taking away from the card design. These are dotted in an uneven number around my sentiment.
Thank you for taking time to read my post and I hope it gives you inspiration!