Hello! Today I have Five fun ideas for using the leaves stencils from Maker Forte. These stencils are beautiful and I love that they have a 6×6 stencil and a slimline stencil!
In my video I share five ways to use stencils and I hope you find something to inspire you to use your stencils at home. Watch the video below or in HD on YouTube:
There are A LOT more ways to use stencils, but in order to get this video to you, I narrowed it down to just these ideas today. I share the technique and then the finished card, so you can get an idea of a completed idea for a card.
- Use Multiple Colors – when you add more shades of color, you get a greater depth in your project
- Try a Radiating Color Scheme. In the card below, I started off with Peeled Paint Distress Ink and then added some Peacock Feathers around the edge for more interest. This blue into green is so pretty!
3. Use unexpected colors. These leaves would look beautiful in autumn colors also, but I thought I’d give them a try in Purples and Pinks!
4. Foil a small portion. I took a smaller cardstock panel and added Transfer Gel. Once it was dry, I put some green Deco Foil on top and ran it through my Minc machine (you could also use a laminator). What a beautiful accent piece for a card! Below, I’ve added it to a bold paper you can find in the new Alex Syberia printed paper pack.
5. Cut Out Parts of the stencil. Below, I cut the leaves out of the inked slimline stencil panel. Then I curled the tops and added them to my favorite black and white slimline panels from Maker Forte. What a fun look and definitely out-of-the-box!
Notice some of the leaves have multiple shades on them and some have the Radiating Color technique.
6. Bonus: Try a See-Thru-Shaker. Here you can see the stenciled background behind the shaker frame.
I hope you enjoyed these ideas and finished cards! Let me know your favorite. I’ll be back soon with more card making inspiration.