Hello, it’s Kari here with Four Flamingo Card ideas for you to try! I just fell in LOVE with the new Stamp & Stencil set released, and so in true form, I couldn’t stop making flamingo cards! Lol. I hope you will give some of these a try!
I’ll start by sharing the video, if you want to go directly to that first. It’s a shorter video, which is surprising because I’m sharing four cards! Watch the video below or in HD on YouTube:
Card 1: White Pigment Ink Clouds
This is the ONLY card that is blue. But I think it’s very effective and stunning in real life!
- For this first card, stamp the flamingoes with Black Remarkable Ink.
- Cover the stamped flamingoes with the included stencil.
- Ink on various shades of blue ink.
- Add white pigment ink clouds
- Mat with Blue Raspberry Cardstock
Card 2: Stamp in Hot Pink Ink
These flamingoes also look great in HOT PINK! For this card I used the beautiful Neon Rah Rah Skirt Ink to stamp the flamingoes.
- Stamp the flamingoes in Rah Rah Skirt ink
- Cover with stencil and ink on various Oxide inks to create a sunset look. I used Scattered Straw, Dried Marigold, Milled Lavender, and Wilted Violet.
- Add gems to finish it off, mat with white cardstock card base.
Card 3: Try Glitter Embossing Powder
For this card, Glitter embossing powder takes it up a notch!
- Stamp the flamingoes with a coral ink.
- Clean off the stamp, then re-stamp over the top of the flamingoes with a clear, sticky embossing ink.
- Sprinkle on some glitter embossing powder and heat set it with a heat tool.
- Ink on some clouds in the background
- Mat with white cardstock & Welsh Dragon cardstock (which looks GREAT with coral!)
Card 4: Stencil on Stencil background
This is a favorite of mine: not only this technique, but the entire way the card turned out!
- Stamp the flamingoes in black Remarkable Ink, add clear embossing powder if desired.
- Add the stencil over the flamingoes and ink the background with a pink ink (I used Picked Raspberry here)
- Add a polka dot stencil over the flamingo stencil and ink a second time with the pink ink.
- Mat with Scrunchie Cardstock.
If you give any of these techniques a try, please tag us in social media! @makerforte @kariavan and use the hashtag #makerforte and/or #minglingmingos
Thanks for stopping by!