Graduation is right around the corner and fortunately for me this year I do not need many cards. I saw the new Foil and Foilable Ephmera and thought these items will make a perfect Addition to my card. First, I let my laminator heat up for a good 20 mins. In the meantime, I cut down some of the Gorgeous New Moon-lit Lake foil to fit the Balloon Arch from the Birthday Elements. Before I sent it through my laminator, I dusted the front of the Arch with my antistatic tool and brushed it off with the Rainbow Powder & Cleanup brush. I ran the Arch and Foil through my laminator twice. I have found these extra steps has helped me to get great results and less or no missed areas.
After this was completed, I took the Balloon Arch from the Birthday Elements Cutouts Pack and lined up my negative foil piece with the black pattern. I ran it through my laminator twice and the negative transfered to the Black Cutout piece. This is a great option to use the negative foil pieces. Both Birthday Element Ephemera packs were designed to work together so you can get two foiled pieces from one piece of foil. I repeated these steps with three of the balloons from the Birthday Cutouts pack. I foiled two balloons using Green Deco Foil and one with the Moonlit Lake Foil.
Next, I used the same Green Foil on the mini Polkadot paper from the Back To Basics Patterned Paper Square Paper Pack. Then, I used a rectangle die to cut it down to about 4″ x 5.25.” For my sentiment, I cut a banner from the Eclipse Black paper. I stamped the Congratulations Stamp from the Men at Play Stamp set with the Color Hive Clear Embossing Ink. (This stamp set is from the Hedgehog Hollow April Subscription Box). I heat set a white embossing powder over the sticky clear ink.
Using some washi tape, I attached the banner along the inside edge of the Balloon Arch. Then I adhered it to the Green Foiled Polkadot panel. Next, I attached the three foiled balloons. To complete my sentiment I cut out the year 2021 from more Eclipse Black Cardstock. I attached the numbers to the bottom of my card panel. Next, I created my A2 cardbase, also from Eclipse Black Cardstock. To finish, I attached the panel to the center of my cardbase, leaving a black edge around the entire panel.