Hello Friends! Happy Saturday!! Katy here and today I have another quick project for you using the new Everything’s Coming Up Roses Silhouette Stamp and Stencil set. The technique I chose today is the iron-off resist technique. If you are not familiar with this technique, by the end of this post you will be.
As always I have a video for you, but I will list the steps below to achieve the iron-off resist technique.
- Stamp your image with Color Hive Clear embossing ink either cardstock or watercolor paper.
- Use clear embossing powder to coat your stamped image
- Use your heat gun to heat set the embossing powder until smooth and melted
- Next you want to ink up your embossed panel. I smooshed each ink color on my craft mat and I used some shimmer spray water with Kaleidoscope Hubble to ink up my embossed panel.
- After I applied each color I used my heat gun to quickly dry each layer of color.
- Once I was done with adding all my colors I then heated up my iron.
- I then took an ironing pad or folded up towel and placed a sheet of copy paper over top of my embossed panel and ironed the panel. Transferring the embossing powder to the copy paper.
What I love about this technique is that once you remove the embossing powder you can then stamp over your panel or die cut without messing up your embossing. Below is the video tutorial, as always if you have trouble watching here on the blog, click here to watch on Youtube.
listed below are the products used in today video.
Please Note, affiliate links have been used at no cost to you. If you click a link AND make a purchase, I will receive a small commission. These earnings help to support my Youtube channel and my website. Thank you for your support.
- Silhouette Stamp and Stencil Everything’s Coming Up Roses.
- Maker Forte and Alex Syberia Hello Spring Layering Stamp Set
- Maker Forte 110lb Heavyweight Cover Slimline Cardbase
- Clear Embossing Powder
- Color Hive Ink Clear
- Color Hive Ink Bubble Tea
- Color Hive Ink TipTree Jam
- Color Hive Ink Flamingo
- Color Hive Ink Telephone Box
- Maker Forte Smoosher Tool
- MISTI Original 2.0
- Maker Forte Bone Folder
- Kaleidoscope Powder Hubble
- Eclipse Black Cardstock
- Hot Pressed Watercolor Paper
Alright my friends, that wraps it up for me today. I want to thank you for stopping by and checking out my project. I hope you have a fantastic day and I will catch you next time.